Are you naturally skeptical?
Perhaps you’ve been thinking that this whole “Careertopia” concept is a bunch of baloney. That it sounds nice, but, hey, so does Santa Claus.
Well, maybe today’s interview will convert you into a believer.
Emily Morris is an enthusiastic naturalist who loves to share her knowledge. She’s the Informal Science Education Coordinator at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.
As you’ll soon hear, Emily loves what she does, she appreciates her boss, and she has mastered the art of non-icky networking.
Sounds like Careertopia to me!
You can hear Emily’s career wisdom via the video posted below. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What makes the Botanical Garden so appealing to non-science, non-garden types (01:08)
- How a double major in Art History & Environmental Studies worked out (02:20)
- The one thing that would have gotten her to Careertopia faster (07:15)
- The skill that will absolutely make or break your career (11:35)
- The story behind her big a-ha moment (17:00)
We’d love to hear what you think of Emily’s journey & this interview series. Feel free to comment below. Thanks!